2nd Annual Stuff a Blue Bus to be Held November 23 at Beaver Stadium
Penn State Athletics and Weis Markets support the Central PA Food Bank with food drive.
November 19, 2013
Penn State Athletics is once again teaming with the Central Pennsylvania Food Bank to conduct a canned food drive the week of the Nebraska football game. The 2nd annual Stuff a Blue Bus food drive will wrap up on November 23 at Beaver Stadium when the Nittany Lions host Nebraska.
Centre County residents, Penn State students, staff and all fans are encouraged to "Stuff a Blue Bus," starting Monday, Nov. 18 and throughout the week leading up to the Nov. 23 home game with the Cornhuskers. A Penn State blue bus, similar to the ones that transport Coach Bill O'Brien's team to Beaver Stadium on game day, will be parked in front of the Bryce Jordan Center from Nov. 18-23 to accept canned goods.
The goal of "Stuff a Blue Bus" is to collect enough cans, 10,000 pounds, to fill the bus. Approximately 1.9 million people in Pennsylvania, one in six, are struggling with hunger. Stuff a Blue Bus is sponsored by the Central Pennsylvania Food Bank, Weis Markets, Penn State Athletics and the Nittany Lion football coaches' wives.
On Nov. 23, fans attending the 3:30 p.m. kick vs. Nebraska can drop off canned goods prior to entering Beaver Stadium at the following locations:
- Bryce Jordan Center (Curtin Road)
- Medlar Field at Lubrano Park (Porter Road and Curtin Road)
- Jeffrey Field (University Drive and E. Park Ave.)
- Central PA Convention and Visitors Bureau at the corner of Park Avenue and Porter Road (Across the street from Beaver Stadium)
Beaver Stadium parking lots will open at 8 a.m. for the Nebraska football game.
Canned goods also will be accepted at these Penn State Athletic events from Nov. 17-22:
- Women’s basketball at the Bryce Jordan Center (BJC) vs. UConn 11/17
- Men’s basketball at the BJC vs. LaSalle 11/19
- Women’s basketball at the BJC vs. Bucknell 11/20
- Women’s volleyball at Rec Hall vs. Northwestern 11/22
Weis Markets in the State College area will also be accepting donated food items throughout the week.