Ways to help end hunger!
- DONATE! For every dollar the food bank receives we can provide 6 meals to your neighbors in need.
- EDUCATE! This year we have reached out to faith communities in our 27 county territory. We have provided them with a tool kit for Hunger Action Month. It includes a sample poster, bulletin article, and action steps to end hunger. Check out the packet here.
- ADVOCATE! Advocacy – with our local, state, and federal elected officials – is key to ending hunger in Central PA. Join us and we will provide the information and tools needed for you to address food insecurity in your community. Together we can drive policy improvements that will help end hunger.
- PARTICIPATE! Several supporters of the Food Bank are hosting events.
- Weis and PSU Fight Hunger 5k-September 20th-Register
Hunger Action Month Breakfast
At this year's events we will be recognized our 2017 Hunger Heroes.
Advocacy Partner: Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture | Corporate/Foundation Partner: Morgan Stanley | Food Donor: GIANT Food Stores | Individual Philanthropist: the late Benjamin Olewine III | Individual Volunteer: Judy VanSant | Innovative Partner: Milton Bicentennial Conagra Brands and John Meckley | Volunteer Group: Carmella
Hunger Action Month Presented By