September is Hunger Action Month, when the Central Pennsylvania Food Bank joins others across America in fighting hunger in our neighborhood. Hunger Action Month is your opportunity to join a movement that has a real and lasting impact on our effort to feed more Americans than ever before. Whether it's by advocating and raising awareness, making donations, or volunteering, individuals can find the way that's right for them to make a difference during the month of September.
Get involved & join the fight to end hunger!
- ADVOCATE! Advocacy, (with our local, state, and federal elected officials) is key to ending hunger in central Pennsylvania. Raise your voice and let your elected officials know that you support hunger-relief programs. Together we can drive policy improvements that will help end hunger. Contact your congressman today! Or with questions regarding advocacy, please contact our Director of Advocacy and Public Policy, Erin Smith Wachter.
- DONATE! For every dollar the food bank receives we can provide 6 nutritious meals to neighbors in need.
- Set-up a Virtual Food Drive with your company/organization. For more details on virtual food drive, CLICK HERE.
- VOLUNTEER! Volunteering at the Food Bank is a great way to give back by giving your time. Without volunteers our work could not be done. To schedule at our Harrisburg location, please call 717.564.1700. To schedule at our Williamsport location, please call 570.321.8023. Or locate one of our partners to volunteer within your community. CLICK HERE to find a partner closest to you.
- PARTICIPATE! Several supporters of the Food Bank will be hosting events during Hunger Action Month. More details will be continually added, so please continue to check back.
- Faith Community. A mailing was sent out to our faith based partners that included a media/ worship tool kit for Hunger Action Month. Click here to download educational materials, as well as poster.
Hunger Action Month Breakfast
At this year's events we will recognize our 2018 Hunger Heroes.
Stay Tuned for nominees
Hunger Action Month Presented By