HOMESTYLE BEEF AND PORK MEATLOAF
Taylor Farms Illinois, Inc. Recalls Beef and Pork Meatloaf Products Due To Misbranding and Undeclared Allergens
Class I Recall 070-2018
Health Risk: High Aug 29, 2018
Distribution List PDF
Congressional and Public Affairs
Benjamin A. Bell
WASHINGTON, Aug. 29, 2018 – Taylor Farms Illinois, Inc., a Chicago, Ill. establishment, is recalling approximately 75 pounds of beef and pork meatloaf products due to misbranding and undeclared allergens, the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) announced today. The product contains eggs and wheat, known allergens, which are not declared on the product label.
The beef and pork meatloaf was produced on August 22, 2018. The following products are subject to recall: [View Labels (PDF only)]
- 14-oz. plastic tray packages containing ready-to-eat “HOMESTYLE BEEF AND PORK MEATLOAF” with lot code “TFIL234A001” and a “USE-BY: 08/28/18” date on the label.
The products subject to recall bear establishment number “EST. 21794” inside the USDA mark of inspection. These items were shipped to retail locations in Alabama, Arkansas, Kentucky, Mississippi, Ohio and Tennessee.
The problem was discovered on August 27, 2018, by a retail store employee, who then reported the issue to the firm.
There have been no confirmed reports of adverse reactions due to consumption of these products. Anyone concerned about an injury or illness should contact a healthcare provider.
FSIS is concerned that some product may be frozen and in consumers’ freezers. Consumers who have purchased these products are urged not to consume them. These products should be thrown away or returned to the place of purchase.
FSIS routinely conducts recall effectiveness checks to verify that recalling firms are notifying their customers of the recall and that actions are being taken to make certain that the product is no longer available to consumers. When available, the retail distribution list(s) will be posted on the FSIS website at www.fsis.usda.gov/recalls.
Consumers and members of the media with questions about the recall should call the Taylor Farms Hotline at (855) 455-0098.
Consumers with food safety questions can "Ask Karen," the FSIS virtual representative available 24 hours a day at AskKaren.gov or via smartphone at m.askkaren.gov. The toll-free USDA Meat and Poultry Hotline 1-888-MPHotline (1-888-674-6854) is available in English and Spanish and can be reached from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. (Eastern Time) Monday through Friday. Recorded food safety messages are available 24 hours a day. The online Electronic Consumer Complaint Monitoring System can be accessed 24 hours a day at: http://www.fsis.usda.gov/reportproblem.
* We believe that none of the product being recalled were processed or offered through the national office.
* We strongly encourage you to notify your agencies within one business day from receipt of this notice.
* ALL cased and uncased inventories, both at the member level and agency level, need to be checked. This product may have entered member and agency warehouses through salvage, local donations, TEFAP, local purchases, retail pickups, food drives, or other avenues.
* For additional local details, please contact the Health Department(s) for the area(s) your food bank serves.
For full details on the recall, please visit: https://www.fsis.usda.gov/wps/portal/fsis/topics/recalls-and-public-health-alerts/recall-case-archive/archive/2018/recall-070-2018-release
If you have questions regarding this recall, please contact the contact person that is listed in the recall notice.
back to recalls list