Ways to Volunteer

Learn more about how you can help your neighbors in need by volunteering at the Central Pennsylvania Food Bank. Here are a few ways you can help make a difference.

Help spread the word... share this page

Packaging Food

Volunteers are needed to help pack food boxes of like items or simply break down larger donated totes of food to more manageable sizes.

Repacking Bulk Foods

Sometimes the Central Pennsylvania Food Bank receives food items in bulk quantities. To help distribute the bulk food more efficiently, volunteers are needed to repackage the bulk food items into family size portions.

Sorting and Stocking Shelves

Volunteers are needed to sort donated food items and check expiration dates. The items are then sorted and distributed to our shopping area shelves where our partner agencies shop.

Pre-pack ElderShare Boxes

Each month more than 5,100 ElderShare supplemental food boxes need to be packed for distribution to qualified senior citizens. These boxes require a monthly or quarterly shift commitment of three or six hours.

Office Work

Periodically departments within the office are looking for assistance with bulk mailings, making calls, data entry, photocopying, scanning, and filing.

Transportation Assistance

Volunteer support is needed for donation pick-ups. To assist in the transportation department volunteers must be trained, able to lift at least 50 pounds, and commit to a regular volunteer schedule.

Special Events

The Central Pennsylvania Food Bank holds several major fundraising events throughout the year. Volunteers are needed to assist staff with the planning, set-up and tear-down of these events.


3908 Corey Road

Harrisburg, PA 17109


717.561.4636 (fax)

Office Hours:
M-TR: 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Friday: 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.


3301 Wahoo Drive

Williamsport, PA 17701


570.321.8024 (fax)

Office Hours:
M-TR: 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Friday: 8:00 a.m - 4:30 p.m.

The Central Pennsylvania Food Bank is a 501 (c)(3) non-profit organization.
EIN: #23-2202250

Charity Navigator