Hunger Action Month
September 1 - September 30
What is Hunger Action Month?
September is Hunger Action Month when the Central Pennsylvania Food Bank joins others across America to take action in fighting hunger across our communities. Hunger Action Month is your opportunity to join a movement that has a real and lasting impact on our effort to feed more Americans than ever before. Whether it’s by advocating and raising awareness, making donations, or volunteering, individuals can find the way that’s right for them to make a difference during Hunger Action Month.
Ways to GET INVOLVED & JOIN THE FIGHT all month long!
- For every dollar, the Central Pennsylvania Food Bank is able to provide six nutritious meals to neighbors in need. Donate online today by clicking here.
- Get a group involved by holding a Virtual Food Drive with your company, organization, or place of worship. To get started with your virtual food drive, contact Dave Carl, Corporate and Foundation Giving Manager, at 717.564.1700, ext. 2263 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Volunteering at the Food Bank is a great way to give back by giving your time. Without volunteers, our work could not be done. To schedule at our Harrisburg location, please call 717.564.1700. To schedule at our Williamsport location, please call 570.321.8023.
- Locate one of our partners to volunteer within your community. Simply click here and enter your zip code to find a partner in your neighborhood.
- Don’t forget to snap and post your #helpie when you volunteer at the Central Pennsylvania Food Bank or partner agency. What’s a #helpie? It is a selfie snapped while volunteering and helping others and posted on social media outlets such as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram. Posting a #helpie will help shine a light – even if for a moment – on everyday people who make a huge difference in our organization and our community.
- Spread the word and tell a friend about Hunger Action Month or connect with us on social media and share our posts.
- Email us your stories and success at email@example.com
- Advocacy with elected officials at all levels of state and federal government is key to ending hunger in central Pennsylvania. By raising voices and letting elected officials know that there is public support for hunger-relief programs, the public and the Central Pennsylvania Food Bank can drive policy improvements that will help end hunger. To find and connect with your local representative, click here.