FOOD INDUSTRY DONATIONS
Large-scale food donations from the manufacturing, warehouse, agriculture and food services industries are critical to our mission.
While community food drives and individual donations are extremely valuable, the scale of our work requires the support of donors in the manufacturing, warehouse/logistics, produce/agriculture and food services industries. Only through the ongoing support of food industry donors can we continue to feed 140,000 individuals each month.
The Central Pennsylvania Food Bank accepts perishable, dry or bulk products that are:
- Unlabeled or mislabeled
- Rejected but still safe for human consumption or use
- Discontinued items
- Off spec items
- Damaged items (some restrictions apply)
- Close-dated items
- Various past “best if used by” dated products
For our Agricultural partners, we are proud to participate in the Pennsylvania Agricultural Surplus System (PASS). PASS covers the costs associated with harvesting, processing, packaging and transporting surplus agricultural products including fruits, vegetables, dairy, eggs and meat to donate those items to the charitable food system. The program is funded by the state budget through the PA Department of Agriculture. To learn about PASS, please download and read our PASS FACT SHEET.
Schedule A Donation
Information we will need when you call:
- Company Name
- Company or Pick Up Address
- Type and Amount of product
- Reason for the Donation (close-dated, off spec, overstock, etc.)
- Date the product needs to be picked up
- Contact name and number to arrange the pick up (if different)
- Complete address to mail donation receipt
If you are a business or other organization that has food donations, please reach out to the Central Pennsylvania Food Bank to discuss your items and whether or not we are able to accept it by contacting:
Director of Food Sourcing & Logistics